Friday, September 09, 2005

Fire Cave , revisited

Burning in my soul, having found myself to be different,
Somehow not normal, I let the affliction burn me better.
Staying free within the flame.

Come To know, What others do not,
If you burn in the Cave,
You do not burn within the hell of self-pity.

Staying within knowing that fire purifies,
Realizing that what I look like is not who I am.
I live in the Fire Cave.

©2005 Carol McFarland. Used with permission.

My story started 4 1/2 years ago when I was diagnosed with secondary Lymphedema. I was hospitalized for a month almost loosing my leg and my life. I was in despair. I thought I was the only one to have this in the whole world. Then I discovered cyberspace, and support groups, that there were others just like me.
I "met" Coyote in one of these groups. She invited me to join this blog. After much deliberation, I thought I would share my words with you. It is my hope that they help you to live in hope.

Please share your stories with us, and your talent. Let others know that you are much more than a LE suffer, caregiver, that you have a painting, a poem, a gift that you are willing to share with those who will see, or listen.
.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger coyote said...

ohhhh, I like!!!!!! ditto on what you said on fire cave....brought the picture up after your poem so they are together!

 
At 1:56 PM, February 24, 2006, Anonymous LadyPoise22@yahoo.com said...

I found your story very uplifting. I am still the only one I know suffering from this affliction. Can you believe that I asked to join an online support group and never got accepted?? That made me feel even more alone. So, thanks for your story. It's good to see at least one. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home